Student Senior Scholarship Application (Deadline March 31, 2015)
The Fairfax County Council PTA (FCCPTA) is awarding $1,000 scholarships to graduating Fairfax County high school students planning to attend an accredited college/university for the 2015/16 academic year.
The FCCPTA Scholarships will be awarded to students who, among other traits, demonstrate responsibility, character, and leadership during their high school career. For example, students participate in school clubs or school sports teams, support family goals, are active in non-profit organizations, or volunteer in the community.
In order to apply for the FCCPTA Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member of your school’s PTSA (PTSA participation will be verified)
- Participate in community service. Special consideration will be given to applicants who volunteer for any PTSA
- Attend an accredited college or university during the 2015/16 academic year
- Be a current high school senior
- Earn a minimum 2.5 grade point average on a scale of 4.0
- Have a financial need to attend college/university
- Demonstrate responsibility, character, and leadership
Scholarship Application and Deadlines
Completed Application Checklist:
- Typed 250-Word, Double-Spaced Essay, 12 font (upload file during online application submission)
- Supporting documents*
- Two letters of recommendation. If you volunteered for a PTSA, include a letter of recommendation from the PTSA
- Official high school transcript
- January 1, 2015 Application Opens Online
- March 31, 2015 Submission Deadline date
- May 1, 2015 Selections determined
- June 1, 2015 Students confirm college/university
- June 30, 2015 Scholarship funds sent to college/university
MAIL TO (POSTMARKED BY MARCH 31, 2015):
FCCPTA Scholarship Program
Cathy Belter Memorial Scholarship
P.O. Box 3535
Merrifield, VA 22116-3535
*All fields are required
*If submitting application online, send supporting documents to address above. If completing a paper applications, send complete application package to address above. All supporting documents must be received by deadline date.
Applicants must have TWO reference forms completed: Acceptable references: teacher, counselor, administrator, mentor, supervisor, sponsor, advisor, or coach. If you volunteered for a PTSA, include a letter of recommendation from the PTSA. Thank you for your time and assistance. Please download and return this form to the applicant so he/she may submit by March 31, 2015.