2016 VA PTA Power Plates will be announced soon! Check www.vapta.org for details
2015 Power Plates Program info:
Another student program from the Virginia PTA - Power Plates! - healthy recipes by students for students.
Deadline: Postmark or time stamp Midnight - March 2, 2015
1. Eligibility. Students must participate through a local PTA/PTSA in good standing according to Virginia PTA SOP. A student may develop an entry in or outside of school.
2. Categories. Five – breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner entree or side dish, and dessert. Students may enter the program in one or more categories.
3. Grade divisions. Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade (Primary: PreK – 2; Intermediate: Grades 3-5; Middle: Grades 6-8; High: Grades 9-12; Special Chef: All grades). See Special Chef for entry requirements.
4. How to enter. Entrants must submit their recipe, photo and entry form to Virginia PTA by mail or email. Each entry should be sent or emailed separately. Mail entries to Virginia PTA Power Plates, 1027 Wilmer Ave., Richmond, VA, 23227, or email us.
5. Entry requirements. See Program Rules for complete listing.
6. Winner selection and notification. Judging is based on the following criteria: 50% healthy nutritional value of the recipe; 25% perceived taste; 15% creativity and originality;10% student statement.
Awards announced by April 3, 2015.